Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

On Tuesday, November 12, Trinity held their annual Cancer Survivors dinner.  I planned to attend with Jennifer (my C-I-L).  I was 'on the fence' about whether to wear 'my hair' (AKA my wig) or a scarf.  I decided that if I was going to dress up, I was going to 'go for it' and doll myself up with make up and don my hair.  It took more time than I care to admit (had to take breaks), but this was the end result (see pics below).  I meant to take a 'before' picture, but forgot.  As I was getting ready, I reached a point where I had my make up done and my wig cap on...I had THIS thought...*whew* "I have a much greater appreciation for the effort that drag queens put in to their pre-show prep"  {yes, I truly thought that...and I admit it, I cracked myself up! *wink*}

...bangs swept over my forehead...

...bangs swept off to side...





here I am with my 'date' Jennifer  ♥
(not the most flattering picture, but we were attempting a 'selfie' before we left the dinner)

It was nice to get dressed up and dolled up, but I admit that it felt so damn good to come home and slip off my wig.  I hung it on the bathroom door and 2ie saw it this morning and jokingly said, "You're lucky I didn't see that in the middle of the night...I would have woke you up to yell at you for scaring the sh** out of me!  I thought that there was a giant rodent on our door!"  :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)