Tuesday, September 17, 2013

*grr* Time for a Rant...

I'm feeling more than a bit aggravated and defeated this evening...looks like I may have to hire one of those sleazy lawyers you see on TV after all...I'd hire someone local to handle my disability appeal/application, but apparently legal aid "doesn't do that" and the others that were recommended either don't handle "those types of cases" or won't return my call.  *sigh*  I managed to complete the appeal process online, but I have heard that I won't get anywhere without a lawyer...seriously!?!?

AND I completed the print application for assistance at my local Job & Family Services department for my county.  Let the bull$hit begin...I can't wait to hear the colorful reasons as to why I DON'T qualify for any type of assistance there.  I have been told in the past that I was ineligible because I was too young, not disabled, no children in the home, not pregnant.  I have been told that if I were to come back in a week, pregnant, that I could qualify.  I looked at the woman, and asked, "Let me get this straight...you're telling me that if I leave here, knowingly get pregnant and return here in a week or so, that you'll help me?  You're TELLING ME to GET PREGNANT!?"  She stuttered and stammered and of course denied that THAT was what she was telling me to do.  Sure, honey.  Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Seriously, the application says "Application for Food / Medical / Cash Assistance" yet, they don't offer cash assistance (supposedly at ALL in our county) -- am I missing something!?  what ever happened to welfare?  I mean, I'm not looking to rape the system...I'm a cancer patient who is having a tough time at the moment and want to get help so that I don't lose my damn house!  I don't want to piss away my money and have nothing to show for it.  I want to pay my mortgage, put some food on the table, and stay warm this winter.  Too much to ask, apparently.  It sickens me that those folks who NEED the help can't get it...but others can take advantage of the system for generations...

Something that I have noticed -- my extended unemployment ended (6 weeks early) on 8/17/2013.  I have filled out applications for assistance (county app mentioned above included) that ask what your current gross income is; if you say that you do not have one, you must tell them how you have paid your bills for at least 90 days.  Hmmmm....the wise a$$ in me wants to write "I have a sugar daddy" or "I perform perverse sexual favors in return for having my water bill paid" or some other colorful answer.  I'm sure that not only will my application be denied, but no humor will be found in my answer.  Oh well.  I'll save that for you lovelies ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)