Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wondering and Wishing

Last Monday (February 24, 2014), I received the call from my oncologist that my PET Scan is negative...NO CANCER at this time!  WAHOO!  God is Good!  Time for a sigh of relief and to set forth on the rest of this journey so that it can ALL be behind us soon enough!  Thank you everyone!  I couldn't have reached this point without the love, support and prayers from my awesome friends & family!  I can't thank you all enough!  xo

I go next week (Wed 3/12) to see my gyno about my pending hysterectomy.  I should find out then if it will be partial or complete.  I’m hoping for complete – I mean, if I can’t use them, why keep them?  Especially when they have the risk of developing in to cancer (or fueling cancer) in the future.

I went to an ortho doctor today for knee pain that I have been having for a while now.  Turns out I have osteoarthritis in my left knee.  I have a rx for an anti-inflammatory and physical therapy.  HOPING that those help and I won’t need cortisone or gel shots.  He said they would try to help it without surgery first.  HOPE it works and helps!  I go back in about a month to evaluate what’s working, etc...and hopefully have my right ankle and neck looked at (both have been aching A LOT lately...more than needing adjusted).  He also said that if it continues as is I won't have a knee at all by age 40 -- that I would need total knee replacement.  He said there may be some tears in the ligaments/tendons but that they were not going to concern themselves with that at the moment when the more glaring problem was the OA.  I did get online this evening and look up my local chapter of the Arthritis Foundation and sent an email requesting information.  *fingers crossed*

I also went to my ENT doctor and he wants to re-test my allergies.  I told him that I thought things have changed since chemo but that I was still experiencing allergies, sinus pain/pressure and headaches.  He agreed that things have probably changed, so next week I get tested again.  Oh joy! LOL  My oncologist said it was ok to start allergy treatments again.

I have also re-started my OT for my right arm.  I have noticed an increase in pain and swelling and my OT therapist agreed that I have more fluid and a decreased range of motion.  *sigh*  Hope that gets better soon!  I'm tired of being in pain all of the time and not being able to function in a 'normal' fashion.

While I am extremely happy with my PET Scan results, I am still waiting for the bottom to fall out.  Maybe it's just that it's March again and this time last year my world was turned inside out.  Maybe it's just that I'm hyper sensitive to everything now.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.  Or maybe, just maybe I'm being realistic...  I am still trying to work out my thoughts and feelings and allow myself to rejoice in the good news, while being mindful of lifestyle choices, medicines, etc. etc.

I still have Herceptin through June...daily meds...OT...and pending surgeries...but, at least my PET Scan was negative!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :)